Friday, March 12, 2010

Homemade Christmas - Pillows

I decided to do a homemade Christmas for 2009 while I could still get away with it. Andrew is already starting to want the expensive toys and such, so I knew my window of opportunity was fleeting. While I had many ideas of things I could make, only a few actually got completed. One of them was pillows.

I was with Rachael in the fabric store and we passed by some "sparkly" fabric - fabric with glitter on it. There were many varieties, but she fell in love with one that was black and had rainbow dragonflies on it. I bought half a yard with no idea what to make. I settled on making full-size pillows for her and Andrew. I had extra minkee fabric (that's the last super-soft fabric) and could get cheap pillows at Walmart.

I then let Andrew pick a special fabric. He loves rainbows and sparkly things, so here is his pillow.


And, of course, Rachael had to have a special pillow and blanket for her special doll, Baby Beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment