Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's A Girl!



Briella Ann Martineau was born Feb 25, 2010.
6lbs 13oz
21 in long
beautiful auburn hair
we'll call her Ella

I know many didn't even know i was pregnant. I'm sorry, the whole year of 2009 was a blur with Lizzie being born in Mar and then getting pregnant 3 months later (no, not planned - I was on birth control).

Our one request for the delivery this time was that a Dr would be in the room (Lizzie came so fast we were lucky to have a nurse there.) Well, that wish was granted since Ella's cord became prolapsed and they had to do an emergency C-section. She was born with blue feet and hands, but started screaming immediately and so, was ok. She is perfectly healthy. I am healing well and very quickly. Many people also haven't known that i had a large blood clot in my leg that was causing complications for the pregnancy (it was superficial and has remained so). It is now receding and I'll be able to treat it 6wks post-partum. I am, however, still on blood thinners.

My brother and sister came down from Salt Lake to help with the kids while I was in the hospital. Then my sister stayed a few extra days to help me as I healed from the surgery. I am so grateful for their tremendous help and kindness.

It has taken a while to see Ella as a gift and blessing, but I have finally gotten there and am truly thankful for her. Considering my medical history, she truly is a miracle. I'm still not sure what to do with 3 girls, but I'm learning to tolerate dolls and princess dresses and nail polish. All 3 girls have birthdays within 7 days of each other, so I'm sure we'll have lots of princess parties and slumber parties and dress-up/make-up parties. Perhaps I'll learn how to be a girl, after all.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

-Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment