Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beat Me To The Punch

Andrew has preschool on Mon, Wed, and Fri mornings. When I pick him up, I try to always be enthusiastic as I ask him about what he learned and how much fun he had. The school has a “valet” service where you drive behind the school and the teachers bring your child out to your car. You then slowly drive around to the front to park and buckle up.

A few weeks ago, I had a lot on my mind as I waited in line to pick up Andrew. He got in the car and I started driving around to the front. He then piped up and said, “How was your day at school, Mommy?” It caught only half of my attention and my brilliant reply was, “what?” He asked again, “How was your day at school, today, mommy? What letter did you learn?” By now he had my attention and was smiling broadly. I told him he was silly and he proceeded my usual line of questioning all the way home while I got to play his role of describing what letter I learned, words that start with that letter, the songs I sang and what we made in Kitchen that started with that letter. The whole exchange was very funny and clever on his part.

He informed me whenever I was wrong; it’s a good thing I had his papers to peek at while I buckled him in otherwise I would have, “made lots of mistakes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment