Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Sweet Little Girl has a Potty Mouth

ok, not really, but it got your attention, didn't it? so, here's the story.
Andrew has always been really good with drinking milk and Rachael won't touch it - she drinks juice all the time. I've been trying to wean her of her juice addiction, but she's very stubborn (must get it from her dad :) ). Lately, Andrew has been on a big "flavored" milk kick; he wants chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla. I can get chocolate milk by the gallon and this is less expensive than the other flavors.

So, the other day, Rachael asked for more juice and I said no. The conversation was something like, "juice" "no" "juice" "no" "juice" "no" etc. I offered her some chocolate milk and, amazingly, she said "yeah." Later that night, she woke up and I couldn't get her calmed down. She was demanding juice and to sleep in bed with us. I said no to both, but she was in our room already at this point. The conversation was, "juice" "no" "juice" "no" "juice" "no" "dammit" "no-what?" "dammit" "huh, what did you say?"

It didn't take long to guess that she was asking for chocolate milk, but it sure got my attention at 2am wondering where she heard potty language - we're very careful about tv/movies. anyway, she now daily asks for "dammit" and i'm happy to give it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment