Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mommy, you made a mistake!

Andrew's preschool works on a different letter of the alphabet each week. The letter of the week is introduced on Monday and on Friday he gets to take a show-and-tell item starting with that letter to end the week of learning. I try to find multiple items for each letter and let him choose what he wants to bring.

This past week was the letter W. Friday came quickly for me and I had only thought of: water, wheel, and worm. He has a cute caterpillar, named Cally, that he had been playing with all week, so I suggested he take the caterpillar for show-and-tell. When I picked him up from school, he looked at me with a very concerned look and said, "Mommy, you made a mistake! Cally is NOT a worm, she's a caterpillar. See, she has all these feetsies. Worms don't have feetsies. See, mommy, Cally has feetsies, she's not a worm, she's a caterpillar!" He continued explaining to me until I admitted that I was wrong and that Cally was not, in fact, a worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment