Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ode to Lizzie

When I discovered that I was pregnant with Lizzie, I was, of course, overjoyed but apprehensive. Would she be just as difficult, high-strung, and exhausting as Andrew and Rachael? Would she have food allergies like them? Would this be our last child? That question would be determined by the answers to the first questions.

Well, apparently Heavenly Father wants us to have more children because the only "yes" answer is in relation to the food allergies. Lizzie's allergies are just as severe as Andrew's were, but this time we were prepared and caught them at 2 1/2 wks. In all other ways, she is quite different from our first 2; she sleeps alot, is growing very quickly, and is a happy, calm baby.

When she is awake, she is very alert and loves to look around and be outside. Today she started cooing. It was so cute - she cooed while looking at me and was surprised to realize that she had made that sound. Her expression was so cute. She tried it again then smiled at her new-found ability. I smiled along with her.

Andrew and Rachael have also learned that they can make her laugh and they love to do silly things in an effort to get her response. They love her (yes, Rachael has finally accepted her) and it is heart-warming to see them interact.

All in all, I am so grateful for our latest bundle of joy and that my begging prayers for a calm baby were answered. Now, if I could just find some safe food to eat.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment